Why We Love The Snap & Wipe Nappies:
1. All-In-2 Nappy Design for Easy Assembly and Quicker Drying Times
- The nappy shell is waterproof on the outside as well as the inside, meaning you can simply snap out the soiled inserts, wipe down the nappy shell and re-use with a fresh insert
- For poo-splosions and heavy soiling, we recommend a quick wash and dry before reusing.
- If you'd like an even easier clean, add a stay-dry liner between bum and nappy. Simply lift out and dispose for poos.
- Your waterproof nappy shell can also double as a swim nappy, which will save you money! The gussets on the nappy shell will contain any discharge.
2. Gussetted 5-Layer Hemp & Bamboo Inserts
- 5-layer Hemp Insert:
- 5-layers of hemp fibre (hemp absorbs up to 20% its own weight while still feeling dry to the touch!)
- Snaps-in at both ends of the nappy shell for wiggly bubs
- Gussetted (no more leaks!)
- 5-layer Bamboo Insert:
- 5x layers of pure bamboo
- Snaps-in at both ends of the nappy shell
- 3-layer Nap Insert:
- 3x layers of pure bamboo
- Snaps in at the front, with a middle snap for customising absorbency (fold it in thirds or halves to place absorbency where bub needs it most)
3. FOUR Customisable Absorbency Options (as opposed to two)
- Our new nappies allow you to customise your absorbency up to 4 different ways!
How to customise:
- For light wetters/day-use, simply snap the Hemp / Bamboo Insert into the nappy shell
- For nap times, add in the Nap Insert by snapping it onto the Hemp / Bamboo Insert
- For night time, snap in the Hemp Insert, and then snap in the Bamboo Insert on top
- For super heavy-wetters, snap in the Hemp Insert, then the Bamboo Insert, and then the Nap Insert on top of that.
4. Larger, Adjustable, One-Size Fit ~ 4-18kg
- We have made our nappies a little bigger so they're also suitable for toilet training!
5. Fat back elastics for the ultimate comfort!
6. Choice of Snaps or Hook and Loop closure!
- Hook and Loop: Easier to adjust the size (when bub is in-between snaps), and more similar to disposables so more user-friendly. Also great for fitting a night nappy on a non-compliant toddler.
- Snaps: Great for when bub learns to take off their hook and loop nappies and slightly more durable (hook and loop is prone to picking up fluff in the wash and looking worn)
- Shell Only: $22.95
- Day Nappy (with 1x 5-layer Hemp insert): $27.95
- Heavy Wetter Nappy: $36.95
A4 printed matte cards, featuring our handy fit guide and wash guide are available here
Photo Credit: @Nikki Blasonato, Virtual Memories Photography
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Love the colour and pictures on this nappy. We also love that it has no elastic in the back part as it leaves marks on our chubba 💙
I'm just starting my cloth journey and purchased 3 snap nappies to try. They are much bigger than the ones I had from another brand which is awesome as my 10 m/o is already 11kg. Love the double gussetting around the legs. The snaps are easy to use and give a perfect fit. Not to mention the quality and beauty of the fabrics. I adore these nappies and can't wait to purchase the full set with the 20% discount I received upon purchase of the trial pack. I can't fault Alcmena MCNs. Thankyou!
The nappy is pretty bulky on our 3.5 month old BUT it doesn’t leak overnight (12h) when others we have would leak after only 2h - definitely worth it.
I use v3.5 for day and night and it's the only brand we use. Occasionally we get leaks in the night, but they're still new-ish so they still might not be at optimum absorbency. For daytime I always use the extra nap insert folded in half (bub's a heavy wetter). When the inserts aren't dry in time, I use the 3.5 shells over terries, and they're perfect! I also love being able to reuse the shells after just the pre-wash too, it means I don't need a huge stash.
Beautiful print, really good quality. Takes a few washes to get the absorbency optimal but great night or day nappy! Love💓