*Please note this nappy comes with the "smaller" inserts from 2020 releases.
Why We Love The "V1.5 Pocket" Nappies
1. Customisable Absorbency
Each night nappy comes with the following:
- 1x 5-layer Hemp (hourglass) insert; and
- 1x 5-layer Bamboo (rectangular) insert
Use one or the other, or both to achieve the perfect absorbency for your little one!
We also offer a day nappy option, which comes with just the 5-layer bamboo insert, or a shell-only option.
Some quick tips:
- If using the rise snaps, we recommend not snapping the inserts in at the front (only the back, if at all) so that the inserts don't pull the front of the nappy down).
2. Stay-Dry Pocket Lining
These nappies feature an athletic wicking jersey ("AWJ") pocket lining. By stuffing the insert(s) into the pocket, you can experience all the benefits of AWJ as it draws away the moisture and keeps your baby's bottom cool and dry.
3. Double-Ended Pocket Openings
It is super easy to stuff these nappies with its wide pocket opening at the front and back! Stuffing nappies has never been easier!
4. Tummy Elastic
Generally a tummy gap is fine, but these nappies will get you that extra awesome fit with a tummy elastic that minimises that gap!
5. Double Gussets
The built-in double gussets on the jersey lining provides an extra barrier against any explosions escaping from these nappies.
6. Front and Back PUL Flaps
The front and back flaps are waterproof PUL so that any moisture is channelled up and under the flap, keeping your bub's tummy and back nice and dry.
7. One-Size-Fits Most
These are a slightly trimmer nappy than our Wipe Clean nappies, fitting from 3-17kg. The shell is slightly smaller as it does not need to accommodate as much absorbency, and is perfect for achieving a trim fit without a lot of bulk.
This is the nappy for you if...
- You want to use cloth nappies from birth, but would prefer not to invest in Newborn nappies;
- You prefer a trimmer nappy, especially to fit under clothes;
- Your baby is a light to moderate wetter so you don't need heaps of absorbency (especially at night);
- You prefer a pocket nappy that has a stay-dry layer
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above, this is the nappy for you!
- Pocket Shell only - $22.95
- Day Nappy Set - $27.95
- 1x Pocket Nappy Shell + 1x Hemp Insert
- Night Nappy Bundle - $34.95
- 1x Pocket Nappy Shell + 1x Bamboo Insert + 1x Hemp Booster
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This is my favourite nappy so far. I love the stretch of the fabric and it's a great fit on my daughter despite her thighs being super chunky! I bought this to go under dresses for a more classic/subtle look and I'm extremely pleased with the purchase. I've since ordered more.
I absolutely adore this brand the quality is amazing I’ve tried other brands and we’ll known brands too and let me tell you that I loved alcmena that much I change my entire stash to alcmena and that’s all we use now!
You can’t go wrong with these! They are as functional as they are beautiful and the inside gussets help even the most novice cloth-er get a tight seal. Every product this company makes is top notch and the team behind the scenes is lovely.
I’ve tried numerous different MCN brands over the years and the quality of Alcmena exceed all others. Clara-ty white is so fresh and crisp, definitely a must have!