Why We Love The Snap & Wipe Nappies:
1. All-In-2 Nappy Design for Easy Assembly and Quicker Drying Times
- The nappy shell is waterproof on the outside as well as the inside, meaning you can simply snap out the soiled inserts, wipe down the nappy shell and re-use with a fresh insert
- For poo-splosions and heavy soiling, we recommend a quick wash and dry before reusing.
- If you'd like an even easier clean, add a biodegradable bamboo liner between bum and nappy. Simply lift out and dispose for poos.
- Your waterproof nappy shell can also double as a swim nappy, which will save you money! The gussets on the nappy shell will contain any discharge.
2. Gussetted 5-Layer Hemp & Bamboo Inserts
- 5-layer Hemp Insert:
- 5-layers of hemp fibre (hemp absorbs up to 20% its own weight while still feeling dry to the touch!)
- Snaps-in at both ends of the nappy shell for wiggly bubs
- Gussetted (no more leaks!)
- 5-layer Bamboo Insert:
- 5x layers of pure bamboo
- Snaps-in at both ends of the nappy shell
- 3-layer Nap Insert:
- 3x layers of pure bamboo
- Snaps in at the front, with a middle snap for customising absorbency (fold it in thirds or halves to place absorbency where bub needs it most)
3. FOUR Customisable Absorbency Options (as opposed to two)
- Our new nappies allow you to customise your absorbency up to 4 different ways!
How to customise:
- For light wetters/day-use, simply snap the Hemp / Bamboo Insert into the nappy shell
- For nap times, add in the Nap Insert by snapping it onto the Hemp / Bamboo Insert
- For night time, snap in the Hemp Insert, and then snap in the Bamboo Insert on top
- For super heavy-wetters, snap in the Hemp Insert, then the Bamboo Insert, and then the Nap Insert on top of that.
4. Larger, Adjustable, One-Size Fit ~ 4-20kg
- We have made our nappies a little bigger so they're also suitable for toilet training!
5. Fat back elastics for the ultimate comfort!
6. Choice of Snaps or Velcro closure!
- Velcro: Easier to adjust the size (when bub is in-between snaps), and more similar to disposables so more user-friendly. Also great for fitting a night nappy on a non-compliant toddler.
- Snaps: Great for when bub learns to take off their Velcro nappies and slightly more durable (Velcro is prone to picking up fluff in the wash and looking worn)
- Shell Only: $22.95
- Day Nappy (with 1x 5-layer Hemp insert): $27.95
- Moderate Nappy (with 5-layer Hemp and 5-layer Bamboo Insert): $34.95
- Heavy Wetter Nappy: $36.95
Photo Credit: @Nikki Blasonato, Virtual Memories Photography
I purchased the new nappies for my grandson in Melbourne who have a new baby boy. I had them posted direct so haven’t actually seen them myself. They are very happy with your product. I bought the new baby shells and as the baby was 3.3 kg born I may have to get a size up soon?? Can you advise me as to the size I would need. The baby is only three weeks old (19/11) thank you Carmel Kenniff.
This is a great nappy and so awesome for nights. We rarely get any leaks since using our Alcmena. These newer versions seem to fit much better since our original purchases as the elastic seems tighter. I do dislike the little pocket at the top of the nappy. It make washing number 2s messy as it all gets washed into the pocket
Wow!! The colour pops. Looks so good on my little miss.
Absolutely love our Alcmena 3.5 Snap and Wipe Nappies. Ruby Red is a beautiful vibrant red colour
I recently made yet another purchase to add to my never ending nappy stash! I purchased the block colours in the V3.5‘s and let me tell you WOW WOW! The vibrancy and the shade of all the 4 solid colours is remarkable. They pop so much. I’m a pattern/design kind of girl but the solid colours are gorgeous and I now own 2 of each! 10/10 as always! Could never find a fault with Alcmena.