V1.5 vs V3.5 Nappies - Which Do I Choose?
Question: Which nappy is best for my little one - the v1.5 Ai2 Pocket or v3.5 Snap & Wipe nappy?
The answer to this question depends on a number of variables, ranging from absorbency required to personal preference, so here are some indicators below to help you with your decision. Keep in mind that most of our customers have some v1.5s and some v3.5s in their stash, as they find the different shape/uses of the nappies suit the different stages that their little ones go through.
- "I have a heavy-wetter and need a super absorbent night nappy"
- Yes - Definitely go with the v3.5 Snap & Wipe nappy. This nappy is a bigger fit and consequently allows (and comes with) more absorbency
- No - You can use the v1.5 Ai2 Pocket nappy with both inserts as a night nappy, or you can use the v3.5 Snap & Wipe without all the inserts to reduce the bulk
- "I prefer a trim fitting nappy that will fit under clothes"
- Yes - Go with the v1.5 as it is a trimmer, smaller fitting nappy. You can use just one or both inserts, but it will give you a smaller fit than the v3.5
- I don't mind - The world is your oyster (both v1.5 or v3.5 will suit your purposes)
- "I don't want to buy a dedicated swim nappy"
- Yes - If this is you, we recommend going with the v3.5 as the shell is entirely waterproof and can double as a swim nappy (just make sure the gussets are sitting nice and tight in the undie line)
- I don't mind - The v3.5 is good to have on hand in case you do an impromptu beach/pool run. In saying that, any nappy shell without the inserts will function fine as a swim nappy which is to ensure no solids get away.
- "I have a baby who is likely to grow bigger before he/she toilet trains"
- Yes - We created the v3.5 exactly for these little ones! Our v3.5s are a big fit and will fit up to ~18kg so if you are concerned about the amount of wear you'll get out of a smaller nappy, this is the way to go
- "I'm likely to have a fairly average newborn but don't want to invest in specific newborn nappies"
- Yes - If this is you, don't worry! We would recommend going with the v1.5s as they are a smaller fit, and starts at a lower weight compared with the v3.5 weight range. There is also a 'Newborn Hack' that you can try on your nappies (feel free to email us about what it is, or Youtube/Google this technique)