Why We Love The "V1.5 Pocket" Nappies
1. Customisable Absorbency
Each night nappy comes with the following:
- 1x 5-layer Hemp (hourglass) insert; and
- 1x 5-layer Bamboo (rectangular) insert
Use one or the other, or both to achieve the perfect absorbency for your little one!
We also offer a day nappy option, which comes with just the 5-layer bamboo insert, or a shell-only option.
Some quick tips:
- If using the rise snaps, we recommend not snapping the inserts in at the front (only the back, if at all) so that the inserts don't pull the front of the nappy down).
2. Stay-Dry Pocket Lining
These nappies feature an athletic wicking jersey ("AWJ") pocket lining. By stuffing the insert(s) into the pocket, you can experience all the benefits of AWJ as it draws away the moisture and keeps your baby's bottom cool and dry.
3. Double-Ended Pocket Openings
It is super easy to stuff these nappies with its wide pocket opening at the front and back! Stuffing nappies has never been easier!
4. Tummy Elastic
Generally a tummy gap is fine, but these nappies will get you that extra awesome fit with a tummy elastic that minimises that gap!
5. Double Gussets
The built-in double gussets on the jersey lining provides an extra barrier against any explosions escaping from these nappies.
6. Front and Back PUL Flaps
The front and back flaps are waterproof PUL so that any moisture is channelled up and under the flap, keeping your bub's tummy and back nice and dry.
7. One-Size-Fits Most
These are a slightly trimmer nappy than our Wipe Clean nappies, fitting from 3-17kg. The shell is slightly smaller as it does not need to accommodate as much absorbency, and is perfect for achieving a trim fit without a lot of bulk.
This is the nappy for you if...
- You want to use cloth nappies from birth, but would prefer not to invest in Newborn nappies;
- You prefer a trimmer nappy, especially to fit under clothes;
- Your baby is a light to moderate wetter so you don't need heaps of absorbency (especially at night);
- You prefer a pocket nappy that has a stay-dry layer
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above, this is the nappy for you!
- Pocket Shell only - $22.95
- Day Nappy Set - $27.95
- 1x Pocket Nappy Shell + 1x Hemp Insert
- Night Nappy Bundle - $34.95
- 1x Pocket Nappy Shell + 1x Bamboo Insert + 1x Hemp Booster
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I love this super cute print. These are my first ever Alcmena purchase and I am loving them so far. They fix my son really well, we have had less leaks and they are great quality.
I've been struggling to find a good fit for my 6.5kg thick thighed, skinny waisted boy but I think we've found our unicorn nappy. This nappy is fantastic quality with beautifully soft elastics and the softest PUL liner I've seen. I love the comfy stay dry layer- it seems to hold up better and doesn't pill like other brands. I've tried many, MANY different brands of MCN and the V1.5 is my favourite by far. We also have the Alcmena V3.5, which hasn't been as successful for us fit wise, but is still beautiful quality and is our go-to night nappy.
We can use this 1.5 as a night nappy without the nap insert for our 14month old. He’s just started flooding a lot of other nappies so this Dumpty is set to become a day nappy at some point too. I love the soft colours and the sing-song we have getting in and out of this little bum. My wife usually does the night nappy and she loves how snug and trim the 1.5s are on our little one’s little tush.
This pattern is absolutely beautiful! The nappy is so soft, and the fit is perfect. Thank you for making such amazing products I can’t resist buying!