10 Things You Didn't Know About Corn-Fibre
1. Corn-fibre is made out of Poly-lactic Acid (PLA) which comes from corn starch.
- It is blended fibre and not derived from petroleum-based ingredients found in other nappies.
2. It is made entirely from natural, renewable resources - which means it never runs out!
3. It is completely biodegradable, compostable and recyclable
- When it is used up, it can be returned to the earth, unlike petroleum-based products, which requires thermal/physical recycling or stays in landfill.
4. It has a low carbon emission when burned. Not only that, the production and use of corn-fibre contributes less greenhouse gases to the atmosphere.
5. It has the same strength as polyester, but is much more absorbent
6. It has the touch of silk, and is super soft!
7. It is hypoallergenic
8. It is very flexible and retains its shape
9. High heat tolerance and low flammability
10. High air permeability (ie. max breathability)
- Say goodbye to nappy rash! By maximising air flow to your baby's bottom, it will reduce the likelihood of their skin becoming irritated
Grab a FREE Alcmena Nappy Sample today and discover for yourself the amazing qualities of corn-fibre!
- *Photo credit to http://www.tokkoro.com/1979261-cornfield.html